Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.8.1 On 2013-10-17
- Added the unlikely() and likelihood() SQL functions to be used
as hints to the query planner.
- Enhancements to the query planner:
- Take into account the fact WHERE clause terms that cannot be used with indices
still probably reduce the number of output rows.
- Estimate the sizes of table and index rows and use the smallest applicable B-Tree
for full scans and "count(*)" operations.
- Added the soft_heap_limit pragma.
- Added support for SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4
- Added support for "sz=NNN" parameters at the end of
used to specify the average length in bytes for table and index rows.
- Avoid running foreign-key constraint checks on an UPDATE if none of the
modified columns are associated with foreign keys.
- Added the SQLITE_MINIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTOR compile-time option
- Added the win32-longpath VFS on windows, permitting filenames up to 32K
characters in length.
- The Date And Time Functions are enhanced so that the current time
(ex: julianday('now')) is always the same for multiple function invocations
within the same sqlite3_step() call.
- Add the "totype.c" extension, implementing the tointeger() and toreal()
- FTS4 queries are better able to make use of docid<$limit constraints to
limit the amount of I/O required.
- Added the hidden fts4aux languageid column to the fts4aux virtual table.
- The VACUUM command packs the database about 1% tighter.
- The sqlite3_analyzer utility program is updated to provide better descriptions
and to compute a more accurate estimate for "Non-sequential pages"
- Refactor the implementation of PRAGMA statements to improve parsing performance.
- The directory used to hold temporary files on unix can now be set using
the SQLITE_TMPDIR environment variable, which takes precedence over the
TMPDIR environment variable. The sqlite3_temp_directory global variable
still has higher precedence than both environment variables, however.
- Added the PRAGMA stats statement.
- Bug fix: Return the correct answer for "SELECT count(*) FROM table" even if
there is a partial index on the table. Ticket
"2013-10-17 12:57:35 c78be6d786c19073b3a6730dfe3fb1be54f5657a"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: 0a54d76566728c2ba96292a49b138e4f69a7c391
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.